In situations where you haven't used the devices for some time or if you tend to get injector issues often, we recommend cleaning the injector before the start of every vaccination event.
First step - Cleaning the Injector
Watch a video to see how to clean the Injector or follow the stages in this article.
1. Turn off the control unit.
2. Take out the injector from its place by opening the Injector door and pulling it out.
Use pliers to ease the job:
3. Pull and push the Injector metal pin 10 times.
4. Close the injector inlet hole and simultaneously try to pull the metal pin out. You should feel a resistance and the pin will gently force itself to go back into the injector.
5. Close the injector outlet hole, and simultaneously try to push in the metal pin inside the injector. You should feel a resistance and the pin will gently force itself to remain outside the injector.
6. Push and pull the metal pin a few times while the Injector is soaked in hot water between 50-60°C degrees and Bromosept 1%.
7. Pump in the air the Injector metal pin 10 times to make sure there are no more liquids Inside and repeat steps 4 and 5.
If the metal pin still does not go in and out, continue to the Second step.
If the injector is working properly now you can insert it back into the control unit.
Please notice the actuator is sticking out when putting the injector back in the control unit-
Second step - Cleaning the Injector's internal parts
If the metal pin still does not go in and out, continue to the next step.
Step 3 - check the O-Ring is not missing
The O-Ring is at the bottom of the metal pin. If it's in place, the metal pin will be sticking out a bit.
If the metal pin is NOT sticking out, the O-Ring is missing, please replace the injector and contact us with the issue so we can send you a replacement part.
If you do have the extra O-Ring, read here how to insert it back to place.
Step 4 - Replace the Injector
Click here for replacement instructions: Replace the Injector.
If there is still an issue after please contact pHi-Tech Support.